Sunday, March 27, 2011

A visual comparison between 15, 30 and 60fps - can you see the difference?

This is something that is quite close to me, the difference between high FPS and low FPS. I'm an avid 60 fps or more fan and run a triple monitor setup comprising of Alienware AW2310, 120hz screens. It's amazing and I traded my 30" HP LP3065 for it.

A visual comparison between 15, 30 and 60fps - can you see the difference?

The above link shows the difference between a square block bouncing up and down in three FPS settings, 15fps, 30fps and 60fps. 15fps is instantly visible as jerky, 30fps is a little better but 60fps is quite fluid. What I hope is next-gen consoles feature 60fps minimum at 1920x1080 which I am personally confident is easily attainable with current hardware.

Next-gen consoles will most likely feature ~HD6850/GTX560-esque hardware, which as I said is more than capable of 1080p @ 60fps if all games are designed to run on the set of hardware of next-gen consoles, it should be attainable. It is something that would change the entire face of gaming and would really keep up with current PC technology.

A visual comparison of 15/30/60fps

AMAZONCOM AMERICA MOVIL AMKOR TECHNOLOGY AMPHENOL ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL

No comments:

Post a Comment