Monday, February 28, 2011

LifeProof Cases announces snow, dirt, water, shock proof case

Section:

LifeProof casesA new case company, LifeProof Cases, has officially launched with a few new cases for Apple products. While their iPhone 4 cases are currently only available for pre-order at a $69.95 price point (it doesn’t appear as if the iPhone 3G/3GS or iPad cases are available yet), I was lucky enough to meet with these guys at Macworld this year to check out their product. While the concept is similar to that of the Ballistic case we reviewed, LifeProof’s case seems to be a much better attempt. It promises to “life proof” your iPhone from water, dirt, snow, and shock, and does so without the bulk of other ultra protective cases I’ve tried.

While it remains to be seen whether these claims are true, the pre-release unit they showed me at Macworld appeared to be quite solid. It was slim enough that I would actually consider using it as an everyday case instead of just at times when I needed extra protection: when hiking and such. However, I also felt it would protect my phone as they said it would after watching videos of LifeProof’s CEO swimming with his phone and throwing all kinds of sand and mud on it and still having it work fine.

I’m sure we’ll be seeing many cases from this company in the future, and I look forward to them.

Product [LifeProof Cases]

Full Story » | Written by Josh Holat for Appletell. | Comment on this Article »


LEVEL 3 COMMUNICATIONS LAWSON SOFTWARE LAND SOFTWARE LAM RESEARCH L1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment